You must register with GPK Auctions if you are planning to bid on any vehicles. To register as a bidder you must supply GPK Auctions with your plan to pay for your purchase.
Early Bird Registration: $195.00 (accepted until 12/31/12)
Pre-Registration: $250.00 (accepted until 2/22/13)
At the Show Registration: $295.00
Registered Bidders will enjoy the following:
- Admission for all 3 days of the event for yourself and one guest (Additional Guest: $50)
- Bidder/Consignor ONLY entrance to avoid the long lines
- Bidder/Consignor ONLY seating at the Auction Block (now excludes public seating)
- Invitation to our exclusive 40th Anniversary Reception held Thursday evening 2/28/13
The Buyer’s Premium is 5% and will be added to the hammer price at the time of settlement.
Make arrangements with GPK Auctions to take your personal phone bid. You must register as a bidder to receive instructions on the bidding process contact GPK Auctions for details.
Methods of Payment
ACCEPTABLE METHODS OF PAYMENT ARE:
- LETTER OF GUARANTEE: If you plan to use Personal / Company / Stockbroker Checks or Wire Transfers, a current Letter of Guarantee from your bank or stockbroker is REQUIRED. The LOG must reference the specific account number for the check you plan to use for payment. Checks written from another bank or investment account will NOT be accepted. Routing number for Wire Transfer will be supplied at settlement. Sample Letter of Guarantee
- CASHIER’S / BANK CHECKS: If you plan to use Cashier’s or Bank Checks, they must be made payable to G. Potter King, Inc. and 10% of your accepted bidding limit must be posted as a deposit when you pick up your credentials.* If vehicles are purchased, the deposit will be applied and the balance is due at Settlement within one (1) hour of the sale. If no purchases are made, the deposit can be picked up in the Auction office when Bidder credentials are turned in.
- CREDIT CARDS: We accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover. An authorization HOLD will be placed on the credit card for the amount of your accepted bidding limit when you pick up your credentials. When using a credit card, you will be charged a 4% processing fee.
- FINANCING: See below.
100% financing will be offered prior to the event and onsite by:
1.800.USA.1965 | www.jjbest.com
Condition of Sale
All vehicles are offered “as is/where is”. We encourage you to carefully read the conditions as posted on each vehicle. GPK Auctions only expresses the terms and conditions of each vehicle as provided by the owner.
GPK Auctions is not an auctioneer; the Auction Team is hired by GPK Auctions to conduct the auction. They are fully licensed as independent auctioneers. Neither GPK Auctions nor the Auction Team warrants the authenticity of any vehicle other than that expressed by its owner.
Vehicles are available for pre-viewing each day prior to the Auction.
We urge you to personally inspect any vehicle you intend to bid on. ALL SALES ARE “AS IS – WHERE IS” & FINAL.
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO I BECOME A REGISTERED BIDDER FOR ONE OF YOUR EVENTS?
You can complete an on-line registration or print a contract from the website and return to us via mail, email or fax along with the other required items. Once processed, you will receive a Bidder number/Confirmation from our Bidder Department with additional details about your registration.
WHAT IS THE BUYER’S PREMIUM?
The buyer’s premium is 5% this premium is added to the hammer price.
CAN I REGISTER AT THE EVENT OR IS IT BETTER TO REGISTER IN ADVANCE?
You can register at the event, however if you complete your registration in advance, you will receive a discount on your registration fee and save time at show.
DO I NEED TO SEND IN A NEW APPLICATION AND REQUIRED ITEMS IF I WAS A CUSTOMER IN THE PAST?
Yes, we do require a new application and the required items to be submitted each year as some of the items we require may have expired since the last event you attended.
IF MY METHOD OF PAYMENT IS CASH OR A CASHIER’S CHECK AND I DON’T MAKE ANY PURCHASES, HOW SOON WILL MY DEPOSIT BE RETURNED TO ME?
When you plan to leave the event, you can stop by the back Auction Office and we can return your deposit to you on site. If you leave the event and haven’t picked up your deposit we will mail it back to you within 10 business days following the auction.
HOW DO I REGISTER AND MAKE PURCHASES AS A DEALER?
You will need to complete the registration form and send it to us along with a current copy of the Dealer License.
We require that all Dealer documentation be valid during the dates of the auction.
CAN I PURCHASE “RESERVED” SEATS IN THE BIDDER SEATING AREA?
The Bidder seating area is open to all registered bidders and is on a first come first serve basis. The “Reserved” seating in front is for our PREFERRED BIDDERS. We recommend that you arrive early in the day to obtain the best possible seating.
HOW CAN I BECOME A PREFERRED BIDDER?
Preferred Bidder status is based on buying performance at prior GPK Auctions events.
WHAT TYPES OF ABSENTEE BIDDING DOES GPK Auctions OFFER?
There are the two types of absentee bidding:
Online bidding – allows a registered absentee bidder to log on and bid on vehicles through the Internet.
Telephone bidding – Representatives stationed on the block will call the registered absentee bidder two minutes prior to the vehicle they specified going across the block.
HOW DO I BECOME AN ABSENTEE BIDDER?
To become an absentee bidder, the Bidder Agreement must be filled out completely and all required items submitted prior to the auction.